Thursday, July 19, 2012

Perfect summer meal...

Chopped Greek Salad with Chicken
DON'T YOU JUST HATE it when it's hot and you need to make dinner. Or maybe it doesn't need to be HOT, maybe you just feel like that every night! Ha! Ha! I know some times I do!!Well I have the perfect meal idea for you on a hot day. I love the magazine Eating Well! They have great healthy meals that are quick and most of the time all my family likes them. Even this meal, all but one child ate this salad. I call that success!!

I changed up the recipe a bit, due to the ingredient I had on hand. But here it is!



First I chopped up the lettuce, I used iceberg since that's what I had. Then chopped up the tomatoes, cucumber, olives and chicken. I omitted the red onion since I thought the kids would be put off and I wanted them to at least try it! Then sprinkled the cheese, made up the dressing and tossed! Voila, there you have it a great quick dinner for a warm summer day!!! If you have cooked chicken on hand you could whip this up in minutes!! Click here for the full recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!