Friday, August 24, 2012

Getting Ready for Fall...

EVEN THOUGH WE still have a few weeks of summer left, I can already feel that nip in the air and I know fall is just around the corner. Today on our nature walk we looked for the early signs of autumn's return.

We had a great time collecting leaves that are just beginning to change.

 
The bushes are loaded with blackberries and we were able to pick a few of the ripe ones. I see another cobbler in our future!!
 

 
Then we continued on our walk and picked some apples. Isn't it wonderful to be blessed with such a bounty?
 
 
 
Then we headed back home to begin putting together our nature table and start on our felted figures. A great day indeed!
 

 
Hope you're enjoying your blessings today!!

 



6 comments:

  1. Such great photos! Returning the visit (& the follow) from www.richfaithrising.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit!! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Fall is my absolute favorite season - love that you guys already got started on a fall nature table. I miss having blackberries! Can't wait to move back to Washington State next year so I can have them in abundance again. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog on Friday and following me - I discovered I'm already following you through LinkyFollowers! :) Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I think fall is one of my most favorite seasons, so getting going on the nature table was really fun. We are busy working on our felt folks and I hope to have photos of them soon! :) Thanks for being a follower!

      Delete
  3. Yum! What a blessing indeed.
    I picked those very same blackberries yesterday and they are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post brought back sweet memories of my children being little and all the nature fun we had along with homeschooling. I've been picking the apples at church and making applesauce and pies. Steve and I picked blackberries at home on Sunday and made jam and pies. Love the bountiful harvest!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!