Thursday, August 30, 2012

School Update...

SO WE'VE NOW completed almost 2 weeks of school. I think we are off to a great start! I have to say for most of my career I've had an only student to teach. For me teaching an only was much harder! I really enjoy having multiple children to teach at the same time. This year I have the two little boys 5 and 7 years. Our only tricky part is the two old toddler, who likes to disrupt our lessons. So far however, we've managed and she seems to be settling down as long as I can find some way to include her.

The other thing I've noticed this year is, when I have a car all day, it's nice to take off and take our learning on the road. However, my children enjoy more structure than I do. So that isn't always a great thing to do. We've only had one vehicle for more than a year now and that has really helped keep the structure and routine to our day. We can't go anywhere until after 2:30pm, so we are able to get all our work done and then run around in the afternoon. This seems to be a much more workable schedule for the children, so when we do get another car mom will have to be better at sticking to our routine.

 
The best thing I've instituted this school year is our Monday Clean! Each Monday we get up have breakfast, say our morning prayers and then everyone gets on with their chores. I set the timer for one hour and we all work. This way all the big cleaning from the weekend is done at one time. I don't know about you, but after the weekend my house seems to be a wreck. When Monday morning comes mom just can't take it and needs to take care of it BEFORE I can do school. I just can't concentrate and feel settled when things are in disarray. This way all the those things are done and I'm not doing it alone. Before I would do it all and then school would start to late and kids would be to hard to corral. This way is working much better!! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!! :) I think I'm dating myself. Ha! Ha!

Anway, I'm thrilled with how well it's going with our Touchtile Reading System! He's finally getting it and is beginning to blend sounds! We are making forward progress each day and I'm extremely pleased!! I can see reading in the very near future!!

How are your school plans coming together? Have you started back to school yet? I love to read your comments so let me know what you're up to! Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start the week. I also love the week coloring pages :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!