Sunday, August 19, 2012

In the final days of summer...


NOW THAT WE ARE over half way through August we are wrapping up the last of our summer fun! Today we spent a fun afternoon at my husband's employer's 'family day'. We all had a great time! A tour of the facilities, which was yet another educational opportunity. Walking through a factory and seeing all the processes that are involved to create small pieces of a larger whole is so interesting! I think the kids really enjoyed that.

Then on to a lovely lunch, face paint, and fun kid friendly activities!!! Even I had to take part in the festivities, much to my teenagers chargrin! Why do we parents enjoy teasing our kids so much? Maybe it's just me. What a bad mom!! ha! ha!



Tomorrow is our 'official' first day of school. I'm really excited to get started on our new Touchtile Reading System. It claims to turn 'guessers into readers' by stimulating both hemispheres of the brain. It sounds so promising and makes sense to me on so many levels I'm hoping it's a good fit! With my oldest we did occupational therapy and eye therapy to accomplish what this program claims to accomplish, so we will see. I will be blogging about our progress so stay tuned! If you have a struggling learner visiting Learning Technologies might be a great site for you. They offer many promising programs!

What fun things are you up to as we wind down these last weeks of summer! Drop me a note in my comments I'd love to hear!!

Thanks for stopping by and spending some of your valuable time with me! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!