Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Shifting gears...

SHIFTING GEARS...with the way things have been going I'm amazed I haven't been stripping gears! What a whirl wind it's been. All good mind you, but a whirl wind none the less. I think it's about time to "grab the bull by the horns" so to speak and get my act together.

I think we're done with visitors, so now I can get my curriculum organized and begin some lesson planning. I think my hands will be more full this year since I feel like I have to actually school three children. I mean my little guys have been "learning" all along, however they will need more traditional schooling this year to get their reading and writing well in hand. For those of you out there who have been schooling multiple kids at a time for years, my hat is off to you. It is definitely not an easy job! However, I think my job might be a little easier if I wasn't shifting between high school and grade school. This year I will be teaching 11th grade and 1st/2nd grades. Talking about shifting gears...What's nice is my oldest is pretty much an independent learner, so that is a huge help!

I'm hoping to have more crafts to show you this week and activities we'll be getting into. I'm also excited to begin our Learning Technologies reading curriculum. If you're new to my blog, a few posts back I wrote about a webniar I attended called "Turning Guessers into Readers". After attending the webinar I decided to give their Touchtile Reading program a try and will be sharing our progress in future posts. So there will be lots coming up.

I love to hear your comments. So please feel free to share your thoughts and what you're up to! I try to respond to all the comments I receive. Hope you are enjoying these last few weeks of summer! God bless your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!