Monday, June 4, 2012

Cottage Industry...

OVER THE WEEKEND I was busy crafting and just thinking of how I could keep my crafting habit going!! Crafting is a bit like a drug to me. I love it and can't spend enough time doing it. So in some ways I guess I impose my craziness on my kids and make them do it too!! But I guess that it is now paying off since my oldest is now helping me with my new endeavor.

Since I really enjoy making things, I now have the problem with what to do with them. I mean how many quilts do you really need?? Luckily with the knitting, children grow so I can always be knitting something that someone needs. For a little while any way. So I'm hoping to post and sell some of my items in different places and see what happens.


My first completed thing is knitting markers. I just love beads and shiny things so I thought I'd make my own. They turned out so nicely that I thought I'd sell them as well. The only problem was that the little rings I put the dangley things on I could not seal shut. I looked for a solution, when it hit me my oldest knows how to solder. So I put him to work and it worked perfectly! Now I'll have to see if other folks agree and want to purchase my creations.



I plan to offer some beaded items, quilts and quilted items. We'll have to see where it leads. Maybe just a dead end, but all I can do is try. Now that the kids are in on my endeavor it's a family affair so we'll see, but in a homeschooling household are most things a family affair??

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. ha! I always wonder what to do with all the crafts but thankfully my children are "collectors" (just a nice word for hoarder) so most of it goes up in their rooms:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I blessing to have talent for crafts! I don't but I am struggling to learn to knit and enjoy the process. I desperately needed to bring a bit of money in and started a little used bookstore on my blog. Classics and CM recommended books. I'm hoping that my effort will pay off and I'll pray for your effort as well.
    Blessings,
    Jane
    fieldguidesandfairytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!