Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Keeping it Real...

THE PROBLEM WITH reading blogs is that you find all these lovely, inspiring things and you may think, "Gee, how do these ladies find the time? I wish I could do more things like that. etc. etc." You can be left feeling down instead of inspired. I think most of us like the idea of being "the fly on the wall" in someone's home. To get a glimpse of what they do and how they do it. I think this is why Blogs, reality TV and the like have become so popular. Most of us just want to see or experience how others 'do it'. The thing is that when you read someone's Blog, it's just a snippet of their life. The best stuff. The successes. I mean why would I share a photo of my home in disarray? Which it IS often, since we are living with a toddler who seems to love kaos!! To her mother's chagrin! Or a photo of my children throwing a fit? Which you know happens! I mean I live with children who are 2, 5, and 7, not to mention the teen thrown into the mix. There are days that I feel like 'drama, drama every where'.



Just remember that if you were really a 'fly on the wall' you'd see ALL the facets of my life. The good, bad and the ugly. Not just the beautiful moments I want to share with you. So if you're reading this and you're just beginning to homeschool, have small children under foot, having a hard time keeping kaos from taking over your home, just remember Blogs only show what the author wants you to see. You can't see me sitting in my jammies at 1pm with hair a mess writing this blog post with children a buzz in my house, running around like Indians! Ha! Ha! We as mom's just have to be careful not to sabotage ourselves into thinking 'someone else is doing it better'. You're probably doing it just fine!! So chin up and as Dory says, 'just keep swimming'! Enjoy your day, hug your kiddos and count your blessings because you are SO blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. Very true! I did a post on this for The Sounding not long ago. I remember taking pictures at my mom's house one time while I was cooking with the kids. We used almost every pot in the house. She asked me not to show the mess. I told her I had developed a knack for showing just what I wanted with my camera. Tis true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Whenever we see beautiful photos, we should ask ourselves what we're NOT seeing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!