Friday, June 8, 2012

Yummy Chicken Enchiladas

IN THE KITCHEN today my cute little helper and I are whipping up some yummy Chicken Enchiladas! After roasting the chickens earlier in the week we now have a basis for a quick meal. I am all about quick fix meals!! Move over Rachel Ray, I can whip together these Chicken Enchiladas with a helper in 20 minutes or less! Plus the fact it's so economical to get several meals out of two chickens. Genius! Wouldn't you say!!

Here's my quick fix recipe, caution I usually make things "by gosh and by golly" so feel free to improvise or go with your families taste.



Yummy Enchiladas
2 cups of cooked chicken                   3/4 cups your favorite salsa
1 cup sour cream                                1/2 cup grated cheese
1 pkg of flour tortillas                         2+ cups of grated cheese to cover


Mix the chicken, salsa, sour cream and 1/2 cup grated cheese in a large bowl until evenly mixed. Spray a 11 x 17 pan with a non-stick spray. Then spoon some salsa in the bottom of the pan to make a thin layer. Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and place in a sprayed 11x 17 pan. When the pan is filled with enchiladas cover with grated cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a fresh green salad and or some fresh fruit for the kiddos and you're good to go!Enjoy!

Sampling the cheese from our creation!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing :).

    Mrs .Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anastasia,
    Thanks for following my blog! I also homeschool my kiddos. I love these enchiladas. I have a recipe that is close. I am now following you!
    Amy
    Sew Incredibly Crazy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!