Monday, June 11, 2012

Learning Ops Everywhere...

IT'S FUNNY NOW THAT I have this blog I'm always taking photos with my phone. Whenever we're on an outing or doing project around the house out comes the camera. I find learning opportunities every where!! With little ones it's so easy to "school" without sitting at a desk.

This week was shopping week so the little boys got to come along and help mom doing the shopping. When my oldest was little we had a garden in our back yard so we planted and grew much of our produce. Unfortunately these kids don't get that experience because we don't currently have a garden. In my attempt to get them to eat a greater variety of foods our shopping trips have become a learning time that then leads to our cooking lessons later. My only rule is that if you're going to help make something for someone to eat then the "cook" has to taste everything prepared. They wouldn't want to serve something that tastes terrible, right? These two are my most picky eaters so it's my attempt to covert them! So we go through the produce section learning about all the different kinds of fruits and veg.



We also took a trip to dad's favorite store, Cabela's. Another learning opportunity. If you've never been to a Cabela's it's quite a store. Not only do they have all the hunting, fishing, and all the things that go with that, that you'd want. They also have a large collection of taxidermy with all kinds of information about the animals and conservation. They even have an aquarium of native fish, in our region that includes salmon, among others. It's quite a treat for kids.





So where ever you go, no matter what you're doing there's probably something that can be educational. Therefore, the next time you go through your day and feel you've not accomplished anything "educational". Think again. Maybe you have!

Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!