Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Week of Blessings...

Today is Friday and I don't know where the week has gone. So many things going on, so many people in my life needing prayers. Some times it all goes by in a blur!

This week my oldest and my hubby came home from St. Louis and the FRC World Championship! It was quite an experience for both of them. There were teams from so many countries as well as from around the nation! I am so grateful that they were able to go and be apart of such an event! I can remember sitting and watching a program called Robot Wars on TV when my oldest was 4 and 5 years old and him saying "one day I'm going to build robots like that, wouldn't that be cool mom?" I can remember thinking how on earth am I going to help him with that! That is so far outside of my knowledge and comfort zone I can't imagine how I can make this work for him. But homeschooling mom's are "DOERS", they make things happen. I spoke with many moms that gave me hope and encouragement that we could indeed find things to feed this interest. Through lots of prayer and research we found curriculum and groups to help us accomplish our goals. And now believe or not he's doing just what he said, building robots! I think my hubby and I had hoped he would be athletic and active in things we had participated in growing up. Things we were more familiar and comfortable with. But leave it to our son to help build a robot that plays basketball instead of playing himself.


I have been so blessed to share this journey with this boy and I am so proud of the young man he's growing into.

So this week on one hand I've had this exciting experience to be a part of and on the other I have been following a fellow parishioner's journey with their "micro preemie" born at 22 weeks and 6 days. It just makes me treasure all the more, all the time I've been blessed with, with my children. There are days we have successes, days we have failures, days that we wish we could fast forward through, but each day is such a blessing. Such a chance to capture a moment to tuck away for later. We all grow through all that we do and we don't have to do it alone. We have friends, family, a community to help us and build us up. We have a faithful God, if we trust in Him. I just seem to take for granted the moments, the challenges, but when I look back at the journey I am so humbled by all the blessings we've received...

As we enter this weekend of the Paralytic, I pray

Kontakion - Tone 3

By Your divine intercession, O Lord,
as You raised up the paralytic of old,
so raise up my soul, paralyzed by sins and thoughtless acts;
so that being saved I may sing to You:
“Glory to Your power, O compassionate Christ!”


Let me not be "paralyzed" by my sin, but let me present to all those around me in all the moments and challenges of daily life and I rejoice in all the blessings and successes we receive!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!