Thursday, May 3, 2012

Welcome

So I'm throwing my voice out into the blogosphere to see what happens. I feel like I'm doing so many new things right now I just have to have a place to keep track of the journey. In the late hours of the night when my house is quiet and I get some peace, I have thoughts rattling round in my head that just seem to need a place to live. I'm hoping by putting these thoughts down on "paper" so to speak maybe I'll be able to organize myself. But as a mom of 4 active children I think I'm only humoring myself that I can ever be organized!! One can hope!

My newest endeavor this year was to kind of find my creative side. To that end my hubby bought me a sewing machine and I got out my knitting stuff and I have been creating up a storm!! It's been so fun for me and I think the kids enjoy it as well. Since I try to include them and have been enjoying making things for them. I hope to post photos of project and things I do along the way. This is a photo of my latest project. Below is what you begin with... a perfectly nice patch work you say...

From this then we line up the tool...


Then we cut... Yes, I said CUT! Can you believe I'm cutting a perfectly good quilt apart. I must be crazy...but you'll see!!


Are you starting to see the twist??? Keep watching....


After making all the cuts and sewing the twists back together, then bordering you get....


Voila! And there you have the twister!! I hope to share more of my projects in future. So if you've found this interesting, humorous, and/or useful thanks for visiting and WELCOME!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!